Ensures proper and efficient cleaning and sanitation of assigned area (i.e. pot washer, glass washer, dish washer, garbage room, et al) within the hotel operation, according to the Public Health regulations. This position is also charged with ensuring that the assigned area is stocked and re-stocked to ensure that the galley staff always has the tools and utensils the guests require. Assists in the set up and break-down of special events, as needed.
- Ensures that the assigned galley area is stocked and re-stocked with clean and sanitized supplies and utensils. Responsible for maintaining clean and organized work area.
- Responsible for the safe, accurate and temperature-controlled storage of all products and supplies.
- Operates the dishwashers in the assigned work area, and coordinates with the maintenance department if they are not working properly.
- Supports staff to maintain the food and service schedule of the assigned galley area.
- Assists in the set-up and break-down of special events as instructed by management.
- Ensures that all cleaning supplies are stocked and available at the beginning of each work shift.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a utility galley/kitchen steward or similar area in a hotel or ship operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree is required.
- Proactive, team player, problem solver.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.