Know our life on board
Discover amazing places
and much more...?
- The Assistant Cook is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of
freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to USPH/FDA guidelines. Assistant
Cooks are responsible for batch, a la minute, and line cooking techniques. He/she reports
directly to the Chef Tournant. The Assistant Cook is responsible for following all
standardized recipes and notifying the Chef Tournant or Cook of any shortages or
discrepancies in products or ingredients. The Assistant Cook is responsible for keeping their
immediate work area clean at all times.In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product
and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum one year experience preparing food in the following methods is required: roast, broil, braise, sauté, fry and grill (including breakfast items
- Minimum one year experience working in a food production and/or line capacity is required.
- Minimum one year experience in a high volume hot production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate
- Minimum of six months experience in basic cooking techniques and skills, such as knife skills, basic cuts, and all cooking methods is required.
- Minimum of six months experience in using/operating basic culinary equipment such as a steamer, fryer, kettles, and robocoup is required
- Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Two year degree from a recognized culinary education establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.