Know our life on board
Discover amazing places
and much more...?
The Assistant Pastry is responsible for delivering products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to Public Health guidelines. Assistants are responsible for procuring ingredients, scaling, preparing, and finishing in accordance with standardized procedures and corporate specifications. He/she reports directly to the Chief Pastry. He/she is responsible for following all standardized procedures, safety regulations, and notifying the Chief Pastry or Pastry of any shortages or discrepancies in products or ingredients. The Assistant Pastry is responsible for keeping their immediate work area clean at all times.
- Intermediate level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- 1+ year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to decorate, portion and plate pastries.
- 1+ year experience using basic pastry techniques and skills in order to prepare pastries such as: candies, petit fours, frozen and cold desserts.
- 6+ months experience in using/operating basic pastry equipment such as balance scales, mixers, and ovens.
- 1+ year experience in a pastry production operation is required. Formal culinary training may substitute at an equivalent rate.
- High School Diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Two year degree from a recognized culinary educational establishment or foreign equivalency is preferred.