ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carries out the following assignments:
– Shampoos and vacuums carpets and furniture as needed.
– Washes windows, walls and ceilings as needed.
– Empties litter bins and ash urns constantly and keeps areas clean at all times.
– Services restrooms and maintains cleanliness and orderliness.
– Polishes brass, handrails and fixtures as needed.
– Dusts assigned work areas daily.
– Cleans glass doors daily.
– Offers all possible assistance to guests.
– Maintains all cleaning equipment in good working order.
– Keeps chemical and cleaning lockers clean and orderly.
– Reports any loss or damage of linen, furniture, fixtures or equipment.
- Provides guest requests in the absence of the room steward/ess. This includes make
up and turn down service.
- Responsible for the collection and deliveries of guest luggage to/from respective
- Provides full service cleaning of cabins to Officers and Key Personnel assigned to
their section, to include but not be limited to:
– Bathrooms cleaned and sanitized daily
– Bedrooms dusted, vacuumed, tidied daily
– Bed linens on changing day or as needed
– Balcony washed down daily (if applicable)
– Hallway walls cleaned, polished and vacuumed daily
- Follows the company food and beverage standards.
- Ensures that the bar or lounge has always clean and sanitized glassware, utensils
and other equipment needed.
- Ensures that the assigned bar pantries and other work areas are maintained cleaned
- Helps to set up special events and functions as instructed by management on the
- Follow the Corporate Sanitation Policy
- Ensures the galley and all equipment, cook and dinnerware are properly cleaned and
- Ensures that the restaurants are properly cleaned during and at the end of each meal
period, according to schedules and up to the public health standards of the company.
- Deep cleaning & ongoing cleaning maintenance of all provision areas & provisioning
equipment to USPH / FDA / SEMS standards & requirements.
- Assist with the loading, storing, preparation & issuance of food requisitions.
- Set up / breakdown of provisioning equipment for receiving, loading & issuance
- Secures lockers and signs-in and out on time sheets.
- Assumes other work related duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Maintains the standards recommended by USPH, SEMS and NCLA Hotel Operations.